Experienced multimedia journalist bringing fresh perspectives to news and public affairs. Reporter, producer, on-air talent, and documentarian.
- On-air host for live and prerecorded shows.
- Create original news and public affairs programming in hour long and shorter formats.
- Write narration and copy for broadcast.
- Produce live radio programming.
- Research, arrange, conduct and transcribe interviews.
- Write and produce VO/SOT packages.
- Operate studio and on-location sound equipment.
- Use ProTools, Adobe Audition, Premier Pro, Photoshop, WordPress, Marantz digital recorders, Zoom H4N recorder and microphones.
- Voice-over talent.
- Create television and radio program rundowns.
- Write blog, articles, and social media posts.
- Work well in teams and independently.
- Travel to cover events and conduct interviews.
- Produce sound stories and documentary style pieces.
- Write scripts, press releases and PSAs.
- Write copy for commercials.
- Maintain independent business website and multimedia website.
- Skilled facilitator and team leader of large and small groups.
- Public Speaker.
- Event Organizer.
- 2014 Associate Producer, Media Rites. Supervisor: Dmae Roberts, email@example.com.
- 2014 Work at KXL News FM 101. Supervisor: Rebecca Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2014 Editor, Association of Independents in Radio Sounds of Silence Wiki. Supervisor: Sue Schardt, email@example.com.
- 2014 Six month Internship Lars Larson Radio Show, supervisor Tony King: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2013-2014 Producer Elemental Radio, Podcast.
- 2013-2014 Music Director, KMHD2 Mount Hood Community College. Supervisor: JD Kiggins, 503-491-7632.
- 2009-present Professional Tarot Reader and Priestess. Small business owner, 503-756-1587.
- 2003-2014 Professional Nanny and Caregiver. Client: Alenka Grealish, 503-228-0878.
- 2007-2008 Attend music shows and write reviews for PDXRap.com.
- Producer, Barbara Bernstein’s sound documentary ‘Urban Green’ 2006. 503-235-2623.
- Contracted Forest Service worker, Flag Point Fire Lookout, Summers 2005-2009. Employer: Cascadia Wildlands, 541-434-1463.
- Volunteer producer at KBOO Community Radio for the program ‘Circle A Radio’,2000-2006.
- Media spokesperson for Cascadia Forest Alliance 1999-2001.
- Integrated Media Program Mount Hood Community College 2012-2014, associates degree of applied science in broadcasting.
- Blue Iris Mystery School 2006-2010.
- Soup to Nuts Workshop, sound documentary production, Claire Schoen 2009.
- Apprenticeship, radio producer Barbara Bernstein 2006.
- Professional apprenticeship, Colette Gardiner 2003-Present.
- Medicinal plant apprenticeship, Colette Gardiner 2002
- Portland Community College 1995-1996, General Studies.
- University of Oregon 1993-1995, General Studies.
- KBOO Community Radio Station.
- Medicine for Activists Seeking Health and Healing.
- Cascadia Forest Alliance.
- Social Justice Work.
- Street Medic at protests and demonstrations.
Download Kaylene’s Resume: Kaylene_Resume
References and work samples available upon request.